Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trashy Beach Art

I was walking along the beach at Presque Isle State Park with my husband and I couldn't help but notice all the bits of trash (mind you there a far number of large pieces as well). Cigar tip, drink cap, straw, red chip of plastic, yellow chip of plastic, etc. I couldn't help but think to myself that I could spend all day picking up every bit of trash in one area but the next day there would be just as much as before. I'm not saying that people do nothing but litter on Presque Isle, however I'm not so sure people realise that when "bits" of trash get into out water ways they don't just go way. Oh, and I'm positive the trash washing up on Presque Isle isn't just from Erie, PA...



Anyway, I had this thought - I'm gonna pick up these bits of trash and make something out of them...yeah...that's right make something cool, something people will look at and think, "wow, it's made of bits of trash, but it's pretty". So I collected an entire bag FULL of beach trash, lugged it home, and washed it up. I guess we'll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment